Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas Card Swap

Hello my fellow creators, I am trying something new. Taking step by step pics of my creations to share with you and hopefully teach you something new or help you remember to try a technique you used to use and haven't in a while.

I signed up at my local scrapbook store for a Christmas cards swap and this is my creation.

I chose the Olive colored cardstock from the DCWV stack and used the Cuttlebug and the Lace Tree folder to emboss them.
I then rubbed them with Peeled Paint Distress ink.
I tore around the images, and then inked the edges with the same ink pad.
I used 2 different Christmas papers and mounted the trees. I used Brown Kraft cardstock for the base.
I found these really cute little red ribbons with white pearls by Darice to use as my tree toppers.
I finished it off by adding accents with my Viva Pearl Pens. These things are awesome. You can place your dots on your creation or you can make them on wax paper, let them dry and pel them off and use. You can also color them with you Copics!
My choice of adhesive when I am working with an embossed paper is the Tombow Mono liquid glue. It does an great job at getting in the nooks and cranies of the embossing.
Hope you enjoyed my creation, please comment or email me at scrapjaci@yahoo.com
Also, check out the new feature I am trying called The Inlinkz Manager.







TTFN Jaci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails